Thursday

HOW TO WASTE TIME AND ENERGY

I don't expect there will be many people rushing to read this "How To" post but bare with me, I have to get this off my chest.

A LITTLE BACKGROUND

Up until last winter I had been spending the cold months in sunny Florida. There have been times when someone will ask me, "Do you miss Florida?"

DSC_1119_pp
Image: Walter CC BY

My first reaction has been, no, I really didn't mind being up North in the winter. I just don't go out when it is bitter cold.

Now when people ask me the same question, I have a different answer.

Yes, what I miss is how easy it was to find a small shop that catered to an elder like me. The shops were small, the staff was helpful and the prices were moderate.

Oh, and shopping at a flea market was terrific!

When I went into the fitting room the salesperson would check on me - "Do you need another size, another color or a different style?" And all this with a smile.

SHOPPING UP NORTH

There's a world of difference when I have to go clothes shopping up here.

I put it off as long as I possibly can, but there comes a time when a woman has got to do what a woman has got to do.

I have loads of spring and summer clothes but they don't do me any good in the cold months, so I finally decided to go out into the real world and try to find some clothes that would fit me.

I expected to find no moderately priced little shops, and no helpful salespeople.

I DID THE DIRTY DEED

The time came, I made up my mind, I couldn't postpone it any longer. Made myself a hearty lunch, a strong cup of coffee and took two Aleve.

I was as ready as I was ever going to be!


Image: North Shore Mall Courtesy SIMON PROPERTY GROUP

I entered the shop with high hopes.

Maybe this was the day I would find something!

Well, apparently Wednesday was a good day to shop because I found TEN sweaters that were priced right, my size, good colors and did not have to be hand washed.

Into the fitting room I went!

The long and short of this story is, nothing fit!

I came home wiped out.

I wasted my time and used up all my energy.

NEW WAY TO SHOP

For the longest time I've been considering shopping on line.

After this fiasco, I decided to order something from a sportswear company, no shipping charges, and if I have to return the items they enclose a return package.

Wish me luck!

How about you, do you shop online?