Sunday

I'LL BE MAKING A CHANGE IN JULY

What could Millie be up to now, you ask?

She's not going to Florida like she has in the past, she has gone from living in a condo to living in a senior community, and she's still driving!

I'll be observing my one year anniversary at Brooksby at the end of this month and as I have written over this past year, I'm very happy here.

I like my apartment, have met some great people, and enjoy many of the activities and programs that are offered.

There is one thing that I have been thinking about changing.

Brooksby offers a flexible meal plan where you can sign up for either a "20 Meal Plan" or a "Monthly Plan."

In the monthly plan the resident may use the plan for 30 days, or however many days there are in a particular month.

In the 20 meal plan, the resident will have 20 meals,, in any calendar month, to use at his/her discretion.

The opportunity to change plans is offered quarterly.

I'm making the change.

Millie at Lunch

When I first came to Brooksby it was all a learning experience, even going to the dining room.

Dinner is served from 5:00 to 7:00

That was hard to adjust to.

Which dining room to go to, who to sit with, should I have the soup AND the SALAD?

Should I have the PIE and ICE CREAM too?

How can I avoid the Brooksby Bulge?

In addition to all the afore mentioned considerations, I found going to the dining room every night just too much eating.

Being at the dining room at an appointed time was "not for me."

With the Flexible meal plan I can go to the dining room whatever day works for me!

If I'm out shopping and feel like having a bite to eat I can pick up a light meal or if I just feel like staying home and eating at 6:00 or 7:00, I can do that!

Oh and another plus, I won't be eating so much!

One thing does concern me.

I just might want to cook something and certainly won't want to fuss so I'll be looking for some nice and easy recipes.

Any help in this direction would be appreciated!